Everyone at the Starlight office just wanted to send you all a HUGE thank you for your support! We are so incredibly grateful to be a part of your journey, and to be one of the charities benefiting from this beautiful and everlasting tribute to the inspirational Emma.
All of us here are cheering Dave on along the way, and have been following his progress on Twitter where he is raising such fantastic awareness for Starlight and the other charities he supports. We have been enjoying the wonderful photos he is sharing - as well as cooing over the super cute and cuddly members of #lottesfanclub!
Your support of The Daisy Trail Cycle in Emma’s memory will help Starlight to restore the magic and fun of childhood to seriously and terminally ill children in the UK, giving the whole family happy memories to share whatever the future holds, by granting once in a lifetime wishes, and creating entertainment in every hospital and hospice throughout the UK.
Starlight receives neither government nor lottery funding and relies entirely on the incredible fundraising efforts of people like Dave (and dogs like Lotte) and the support and generosity of people like you. For every £1 donated, 92p goes towards helping Starlight’s very ill children…
So thank you again and congratulations to Dave for raising a fantastic £7,507.50 (and counting) for his and Emma’s charities including gift aid! The money you’ve raised can help in so many ways… and we hope the costs below can give you and idea on what a difference it’s going to make!
• Starlight Wishes can cost anything from £300 for a child who wants to meet their favourite celebrity, to £700 for a laptop, to several thousand for an overseas adventure like swimming with dolphins. The average cost of a wish is £3,582.00 and every donation, however small or large, brings a seriously or terminally ill child’s wish closer to being granted.
• £15 gives a hospitalised child the chance to enjoy a Starlight Party
• £25 pays for two children to laugh their way through a Starlight Pantomime
• £50 brings the family of a seriously ill child together to enjoy a special Starlight Escape from hospital
• £100 provides a Starlight Distraction Box to take a child’s mind off distressing medical procedures
• £250 sponsors a children’s party or pantomime
• £3,000 sponsors a Starlight Fun Centre and maintenance
Neil Swan, Chief Executive of Starlight Children’s Foundation, said: “We are extremely grateful to Dave for his support. The whole Starlight team have been incredibly moved by Dave’s story and the incredible support he’s rallied. The money raised will be used to help brighten the lives of seriously and terminally ill children and their families across the UK by helping to grant the children ‘wishes-of-a-lifetime’ and by bringing some much needed fun and laughter onto hospital wards.”